Pay the GSS! (e-transfer)
How to Send an INTERAC® e-Transfer to the GSS
If you have never sent an e-transfer watch this video.
Each financial institution on-line banking e-transfer system is slightly different but, the essentials are as follows:
- Login to your financial institution’s web-banking and navigate to the “pay bills” section. Select “interact email transfer” and “add payee”.
- Add the name (UVIC GSS) and email address (email@example.com ) as a recipient.
- If possible modify your Sender profile to use your uvic email address (this helps in authenticating the transaction)
- When asked to create a security question enter “What is my V#? ”, the answer is your student number “V00XXXXXX” (V+ 8 digits) This is the only question we can process. If the GSS is unable to answer the question the e-transfer fee charged to you by your financial institution is non-refundable.
- Indicate the amount of money you would like to send. (Your account will be debited the amount you have sent as well as the fee charged by your financial institution once you click Send Transfer.
To recap, the e-transfer should look like this:
- Recipient: UVIC GSS
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amount: $
- Security Question: “What is my V# ?”
- Answer: V00XXXXXX (your UVic id # is a V+8 digits)
- Click send
The final step will be a confirmation email from your financial institution affirming the GSS has successfully deposited your payment. Please keep this receipt for proof of payment in case of an error.